I’m a specialist in the use of the low FODMAP diet in managing IBS and other conditions often accompanied by troublesome symptoms such as:
- Reflux & heartburn
- Bloating & distension
- Abdominal pain
- Excessive flatulence
- Incomplete evacuation
- Urgency to open bowels
- Loose stools & Diarrhoea
- Fatigue & brain fog
Conditions I can help with:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) & Intestinal Methanogenic Overgrowth (IMO)
- Bile Acid Diarrhoea/Malabsorption (BAD/BAM)
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) – including exclusive enteral nutrition and the Lofflex diet
- Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI)
- Pancreatic Enzyme Replacement Therapy (PERT)
- Diverticular Disease
- Liver disease
- Coeliac disease
- Eosinophilic Oesophagitis (EoE) – including the six- and four-food elimination diet
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Menopause & peri-menopause
I’m passionate about helping clients reduce debilitating gut symptoms and understand their gut. I have an interest in women’s health and enjoy writing as well as media work, to share the importance of gut health.
Outside of work, I enjoy fitness, including cycling and group exercise and spending time with friends and family.
I have significant experience working with complex functional gut conditions & intolerances, in particular SIBO & IMO, having previously led a hydrogen breath testing service within a large private hospital in London. I guided clients through all parts of their journey, from recommending if a breath test would be beneficial, to updating the recommended preparation diet and designing a treatment pathway and protocols.
Prior to this, I was lucky enough to gain vast experience across a range of complex gastrointestinal conditions, whilst working within leading teaching hospitals within the UK, including the John Radcliff and Churchill hospitals in Oxford. This included autoimmune conditions such as IBD and Coeliac disease, as well as rarer conditions including EoE, gastroparesis and achalasia.
- Food as Medicine: food, exercise & the gut (Monash university)
- Low FODMAP training
- Microbiome conference
- Gastroenterology specialist study day (annually)
- Coeliac UK annual research conference
Other things I have done
I enjoy writing, media work and sharing the importance of gut health!
I have lectured final year dietetics students around the management of IBS, as well as providing talks and webinars for GPs and the general public, on topics such as: stress-related gut conditions, Coeliac disease and gallstones, to name a few.
I have spoken at wellness festivals including balance festival and contribute a weekly post to The Gut Health Clinic’s Instagram.
My Clinic Times
I offer both online and face-to-face consultations.
Online clinics: Tuesdays from 5pm-9pm, and alternate Tuesdays from 8:30am-12:30pm
Face-to-face clinics at OneWelbeck: Thursdays from 9am-4pm and alternate Tuesdays from 9am-1pm